Sunday 10 February 2013

Grand Canyon On A Cloudy Day



It was a very long drive. My hubby and I undertook this insane drive for one reason only, so we could see the Grand Canyon on our way to a family event in Albuquerque, N.M. Such a beautiful and breathtaking place on Earth I couldn’t imagine, and I certainly didn’t expect to see what I saw. For the first time I truly saw by myself that there is no limit to the Earth. It was one of the most calming and pleasant experiences of my life. At first I was almost disappointed by cloudy and rainy weather, but the view was even more dramatic and unique. 


We spent only one night there by staying at the Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn. It was ok. You can't expect miracles from Best Western. What really disappointed us was food in the restaurants near by. Very expensive and really bad. At one point we just left the restaurant without finishing our meals. It was so bad. We ended up eating in McDonalds. In this case it was the best choice, believe it or not.

But we didn't allow this to damage our mood or experience with this stop on the edge of the world. The photos from this trip are truly some of my best ones even through I didn't have my fancy cameras yet. 































4 comments:

  1. Захватывающий вид! Фотографии очень красивые! Хочется увидеть все своими глазами...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Место захватывет дух! : )

      Delete
  2. awesome pics! nice to know cloudy days can be nice there. great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! : ) I actually love cloudy days a lot because the pics are more beautiful! : )

      Delete